Wednesday, November 23, 2011

On Cleanliness

I thought way too much about cleanliness today.  Not just the "I need to vacuum around the litter box" kind of cleaning, but the ways and types of cleaning that I seem to be especially particular about.  

I cannot, for the life of me, keep my glasses clean.  I don't think I touch them a lot, but I guess I do put them on top of my head a bit...and okay I probably *do* end up poking my eyes a bit, forgetting that they're there.  But crap if I can't keep them clean.

I like to clean things, but abhor cleaning the bathroom.  I don't like loose hair.  It makes me gag.  (It still happens, I'm just especially nice to Steph when she does it, to encourage repeat performances.)

When Steph and I were talking about moving in together, my only request was that I have one room to sew in....a room that I didn't have to clean up, that I could spread fabrics around, have scraps on the floor and not feel bad about it.  While my sewing room doubles as a second TV room, it's an appropriately messy space.

At work I pride myself on having a really tight organization system, but the cleanliness of my desk oftentimes gets away from me.  I wasn't ever an organized person until this job - I was a piler (because piles at least looked more organized than a bunch of papers laying around all willy nilly) but now I have it down.  On the rare occasion that we get a quiet moment in the office, my first priority is to clean off my desk.  This is to say that it gets really clean just once a quarter (usually the day before a long holiday.)


I do, however, still need to vacuum around the litter box.

No comments:

Post a Comment